If you're wondering if this blog will ever get past Monday don't worry, you're not the only one. Here is the last installment for the day. (Thank Dog)


After wandering the horse pastures I had a couple hours to spare so I drove out to the Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park which is not far from the Sanctuary at all. It's really an awesome sight...coral pink (hence the name, duh) sand dunes as far as the eye can see. I guess it's a big ATV area, but it was empty when I was there except for critter footprints in the sand. The pictures don't do it justice, the sand was so smooth and pretty....it gave you the insane urge to make sand angels. I drove the (empty) campgrounds and it looks like a great place to camp if you were so inclined. I didnt really explore much for a couple reasons...there was quite the incline in some places and of course you're trudging through sand. I figured no matter how loud I blew my Dogtown whistle nobody could help me there if I keeled over. Plus I was a little creeped out being literally in the middle of nowhere without a soul in sight. (Yes, I took that pic of me with the self timer)

Oh and look....more deer on the way out!I got back to the Sanctuary just in time to pick up Miss. Bessie for another sleepover. I figured she came so far the first night that another night would do her good. Plus I'm totally in love with her. :)